Delicious Food in Istanbul, Turkey

"Food, glorious food"... Even if I wasn't hungry, the enticing aromas, bakery windows, and people slicing gyros/kebaps in storefronts would draw me in. ex-Marine (husband, Steve) and Travels With Sheila LOVE food. Grabbing a sandwich and sitting on steps to eat is just as pleasurable as fine dining. (We're not fancy people as might have guessed from the videos.)



I must say that of all the food in Turkey, Pistachio Baklava gets me every time since "Too Sweet" is not in my vocabulary. Bakeries loaded with trays of plain baklava, pistachio baklava, small squares, triangles, folded over, all dripping in honey, kept me on a constant sugar high. No wonder I fell in love with Turkey!

Look for people standing in line at a restaurant, stands along the street or in a bakery and you can't go wrong eating well in Istanbul...

Sheila Simkin







putovanja

Post A Comment:

0 comments: